Green Investment Loan
The Green Investment Loan is our way of supporting the efforts of small and medium-sized enterprises in the development of environmentally-friendly and socially responsible businesses. Because these investments are not only aimed at developing a business, but also address the environmental problems we face today, Green Investment Loans are offered at preferential conditions. We have also developed a special methodology to assess the environmental impact of a business’ activities.
All legal entities, sole proprietors and freelancers are eligible to apply for Green Investment Loans, regardless of the sector and with no administrative limitations. This service is also available to those who are planning to invest in highly efficient technologies, production plants and equipment, or materials which will reduce energy consumption and increase the quality of production.
Eligible green investment projects are classified into three major categories:
1. Energy efficiency - Projects that reduce energy consumption while maintaining or improving production capacity:
- Various types of highly-efficient production machinery and equipment - CNC machines (lathes, cutters, etc.), conveyor production lines, presses, painting chambers, driers, furnaces, ovens, etc.
- Heating, ventilation, cooling, and light systems - highly-efficient boilers and heaters, air conditioning systems, refrigerators and freezers, centralised ventilation systems, LED light and highly-efficient luminescent lamps, light control systems, biomass boilers, etc.
- Improvements in the insulation and windows of buildings – new windows, new or additional insulation
- Transportation vehicles or agricultural equipment - tractor units, tractors, combines, drip irrigation systems, sprayers, etc.
- Hybrid and electric vehicles for business purposes
2. Renewable energy - Projects that generate and/or consume energy resources that are inexhaustible or that can be restored quickly:
- Solar panels to heat water for household applications
- Heat pumps and complete geothermal energy solutions for heating and cooling applications
- Energy production systems that use biomass and biogas
- Water turbines
- Photovoltaic panels
- Wind turbine generators (WTGs)
3. Measures of beneficial environmental impact
- Recycling and waste management - enterprises in this field can apply for loans to finance their working capital needs
- Biological production - measures can also include financing certification costs
- Residual material treatment facilities - filters, water treatment installations, manure storage facilities, etc.
- Costal and earth retaining measures, afforestation and re-cultivation of damaged areas, etc.
- Implementation of building management systems and systems to manage the energy consumption in production processes
Suppliers, auditors, and other parties providing services in this area can apply for loans to finance working capital for equipment and materials.